Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Finally starting a blog!

I've been wanting to write about my misadventures with men for so long, I just never had the motivation to do it.  But the other day at book club, several glasses of wine in, I was telling my friends about my recent experience with a guy and they all said 'You need to write this stuff down!' So here I am, finally putting pen to paper, well actually finger to key. The problem is, where do I begin?? I guess there is no way I can go in chronological order, because then I'd have to start 10 years back and we could be here for a while.  So I'm going to write about random events and maybe one day put them in order.  

But for a little background, I went to an all girls Catholic high school and was a complete nerd, so it wasn't until I got to college that I really came out of my shell and embraced my femininity. When I look back, it really wasn't until that summer before I started college that I started feeling pretty and more confident about myself.  I was a virgin.  But that didn't last long once I started school at a big university in Boston.  Two weeks in I jumped into bed with an emo looking guy I thought was so cute, who also happened to live in my dorm.
Needless to say, that "relationship" didn't last long.  




But freshman year was a blast, I made so many friends and hooked up with a lot of guys.  I'm not going to say I'm proud of that, but I do think I deserved to let loose and enjoy myself after maintaining a 4.0 in high school and being the epitome of the perfect child every parent wants their child to be like. Yes, I do think highly of myself.  That's why my life experiences are so funny, because they can be a complete contradiction to how I present myself to family and co-workers.  

Right now I work full-time in a job I don't really like, but it pays well so I can't just leave. I'm in graduate school part-time but am graduating this May. I live by myself in Boston, I'm in my late 20's, and I struggle to find a guy suitable enough for me to date.  My friends think I am too picky, but I just know what I want.  I thought I would be married by now with a baby on the way, but I am so far from that goal it's scary.  I haven't been in a real relationship in years, and even then that one didn't last more than 5 months.  

I've been on a lot of first dates, hooked up with several random guys, and have had a few "friends with benefits."  My ability to gain a lot of confidence when I drink too much has gotten me into a lot of trouble.  This blog is about all the crazy, stupid, or funny things I've gotten myself into on my journey to find "Mr. Right."  Stay tuned for a new story each week. These are not tales of fiction, although sometimes I wish they were.  They are indeed 100% true. 

1 comment:

  1. Where did you go, would love to hear more on your adventures. Its always fascinating to hear POV from the opposite sex, hope you return to post more.

    ReplyDelete